The North Road Play park was given to Stokesley by Godfrey Laird Sowerby on 11th Oct 1950.
North Road Play Park was completely refurbished by the Town Council in partnership with parents, the police and Broadacres. Previously it was a large field with a few pieces of very old equipment. The refurbishment took 3 years and £250,000 was spent, most of the money was raised externally. It is a well-used facility with areas for children from 0 – 20. Equipment includes a wheel’s bowl, zip line, climbing wall, swings and slide plus large open spaces for football and basketball nets.
The Town Council is responsible for maintaining the Play Area and employs a Play Park Superintendent to carry out routine equipment checks and maintenance and conduct regular litter picks etc.